Here are some of the events taking place at the University of Ottawa in January 2017.
Wednesday, January 11
Preparing for Your First Canadian Winter
4:00 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Workshop to provide new international students with information and resources to ensure a smooth transition and to ensure they make the most out of their winter in Canada
Friday, 13 January
Improving educational outcomes for Indigenous and minorities
12:00 pm to 1:30 pm
Centre for Research on Educational and Community Services, Faculty of Social Sciences and Faculty of Education
- Russel Bishop, Emeritus Professor at the University of Waikato, New Zealand
Thursday, January 19
Red Lines, Red Flags, and Red Scares: U.S.-China Relations in the Time of Trump?
3:00 pm to 5:00 pm
Faculty of Social Sciences
- Robert Daly, Director of the Kissinger Institute on China and the United States at the Woodrow Wilson Center
Friday, January 20
Women's Self defense Course presented by uOttawa Protection Services
January 20 from 5:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. and January 21 from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Thursday, January 26 until Sunday, January 29
uOttawa Opera performs Bizet’s Carmen
Thursday to Saturday, January 26-27-28 at 7:30 p.m. and on Sunday, January 29 at 2 p.m.
University of Ottawa Opera Company, School of Music
- Directed by Doreen Taylor-Claxton
- Chamber Orchestra conducted by Alain Trudel
- This double cast production will be sung in French with dialogue in English
Saturday, January 28
Generation Hungry: Millennials and the challenges of today’s global food regime
9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Laboratory for the Interdisciplinary Study of Food, Faculty of Social Sciences
- Bilingual student research conference
In Search of the New Excellence - Telfer MBA Conference Series
9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
Telfer School of Management
- Dominique Jones, Vice-President and Chief People Officer, Halogen Software
- Dan Casey, Executive Vice-President, Future Electronics
Media Relations Officer