The University of Ottawa proudly congratulates the members of its community who have received appointments to the Order of Canada.
This appointment, one of our country’s highest honour, recognizes some of its citizens’ outstanding achievements.
OFFICERS OF THE ORDER OF CANADA
Faculty of Arts alumnus Alex Trebek, O.C.
- For his iconic achievements in television and for his promotion of learning, notably as a champion for geographical literacy.
Faculty of Law alumnus Richard Brian Marcel Fadden, O.C.
- For his distinguished leadership in the federal public service, notably in the fields of defence and national security.
Faculty of Arts Professor Chad Gaffield, O.C.
- For his leadership in interdisciplinary and multi-institutional collaboration as a historian and administrator, and for his pioneering work in the digital humanities.
MEMBERS OF THE ORDER OF CANADA
Telfer alumnus Pierre Bourgie, C.M., O.Q.
- For his inspiring philanthropic work and for his significant contributions to the arts, music and the promotion of culture.
Honorary doctorate recipient Cathy Crowe, C.M.
- For her contributions as a public health nurse, educator, author and filmmaker, notably for advocating on behalf of marginalized and vulnerable people.
Faculty of medicine alumnus Nady A. el-Guebaly, C.M.
- For his leadership on addictions research and treatment, particularly for his efforts to have addictions treated as a mental health issue.
Faculty of Social Sciences alumnus Christopher House, C.M.
- For his contributions to Canadian dance as an inventive choreographer, dancer and director.
Alumnus Graydon Carter, C.M.
- For his contributions to popular culture and current affairs as a skilled editor and publisher.
COMPANIONS OF THE ORDER OF CANADA
Former Board of Governors member Peter A. Herrndorf, C.C., O.Ont.
- For his transformative leadership in Canada’s artistic community and for his enduring commitment to building a thriving national arts scene. This is a promotion within the Order.