The University of Ottawa invites members of the media to join interdisciplinary experts for a panel discussion on the issues and challenges surrounding medical assistance in dying.
WHAT: Expert panel
WHERE: Fauteux Hall, Room 147 (University of Ottawa - 57 Louis-Pasteur)
WHEN: Saturday, May 6, 2017 at 1 p.m.
- The issues and challenges facing health professionals involved in physician-assisted dying.
- How does scientific research enhance our understanding of the challenges involved in physician-assisted dying?
- The constitutional and legislative framework of physician-assisted dying.
- Daniel Boivin, Partner, Gowling WLG, Ottawa office
- Isabelle Marcoux, Associate Professor, Interdisciplinary School of Health Sciences, Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Ottawa
- Benoît Pelletier, Full Professor, Faculty of Law, Civil Law Section, University of Ottawa
- Michelle Giroux, professor at the University of Ottawa’s Faculty of Law, Civil Law Section, and member of the committee of legal experts struck by the Quebec government to examine implementation of the recommendations put forth by the Quebec National Assembly’s Select Committee on Dying with Dignity.
Media Relations Officer
University of Ottawa