The Let’s Talk Science Ottawa team invites you to celebrate 25 years of science outreach for Ottawa youth. Let's Talk Science is a national, volunteer-driven program that strives to improve science literacy in the community through outreach. Thanks to over 200 uOttawa student volunteers, the program offers a wide variety of meaningful science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) learning experiences in both school and community settings.
The uOttawa arm of Let’s Talk Science was launched in the spring of 1993 by Dr. Barbara Vanderhyden, a distinguished professor in the Department of Cellular and Molecular Medicine with the goal of helping students in the STEM fields improve their communication and teaching skills.
WHAT: Let’s Talk Science 25-year celebration
On the agenda:
- 4:00 p.m. – 4:30 p.m. Let’s Talk Science events showcase including hands-on activities
- 4:30 p.m. – 5:30 p.m. Presentations by special guests on the impact Let’s Talk Science has in shaping the leaders of tomorrow
- 5:30 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. Awards ceremony and closing remarks
WHEN: Wednesday, June 20th, 2018 at 4 p.m.
WHERE: Room 12102, Desmarais Hall, University of Ottawa | Map
- Dr. Mona Nemer, Chief Science Advisor of Canada
- Dr. Barbara Vanderhyden, Director and founder of Let’s Talk Science Ottawa
- University of Ottawa student volunteers
- High school student winners of the Let’s Talk Science Challenge
RSVP: Members of the media are asked to confirm their attendance by email to veronique.vallee@uOttawa.ca