The recent events at Laurentian University have particularly shaken the francophone university community in Ontario, as well as throughout Canada. As a bilingual institution, the University of Ottawa is directly affected by developments in and future prospects for teaching and research in French-speaking Ontario and Canada as a whole. Given this context, the Collège des chaires de recherche sur le monde francophone is organizing a roundtable on the challenges facing French-language teaching in Northern Ontario.
The roundtable will feature five professors:
- Denis Hurtubise, Full Professor, Laurentian University
- Aurélie Lacassagne, Full Professor, Laurentian University
- Simon Laflamme, Full Professor, Laurentian University
- Serge Miville, associate professor, Laurentian University
- Kornel Zathureczky, associate professor, University of Sudbury
Date: Tuesday, March 2, 2021
Time: 12 p.m. to 1 p.m., register via Zoom
Additional information: This event will take place in French.
For media enquiries, please contact: email@example.com