The University of Ottawa’s Telfer School of Management invites members of the media to the Canadian Health Workforce Conference (CHWC), co-chaired by professor Ivy Lynn Bourgeault. Over 200 delegates from across Canada, the U.S., the U.K., Australia, Finland and New Zealand will share cutting-edge research, policy and practices that have optimized the health workforces in these countries and helped rein in health care costs.
Speakers will include Kamal Khera, parliamentary secretary to the minister of health; Jim Campbell, director of the WHO Health Workforce Department; Gaétan Lafortune, OECD senior health economist; and more.
WHAT: Canadian Health Workforce Conference
WHEN: October 3 to 5, 2016
WHERE: Shaw Centre, 55 Colonel By Drive, Ottawa
- Global Perspectives on the Health Workforce
- Integrating Patient Perspectives into Health Workforce Research
- Strategies to Increase Indigenous Health Workers across Canada
- Mental Health in the Healthcare Workplace
- Solutions for Enhancing Interprofessional Teams
Read the conference press release
Media Relations Officer