The President and Vice-Chancellor of the University of Ottawa, Mr. Jacques Frémont, and His Excellency Roy Eriksson, Ambassador of Finland in Canada, invite you to a panel discussion entitled “Advancing Women’s and Girls’ Rights: Harnessing Technology and Innovation in Support of the Economic Empowerment of Women in the Wake of the Pandemic.”
Canada and Finland are long-standing advocates of human rights, especially women’s rights, including through the Generation Equality Forum. With research and academia playing an important role in fostering women and girls’ education and economic empowerment, this webinar aims to highlight key achievements to date, along with challenges and opportunities for collaboration to advance women’s and girls’ rights and women’s economic empowerment, particularly in the wake of the pandemic.
The presentations will be followed by a question period.
DATE: Tuesday, May 18, 2021
TIME: 9 a.m. to 10:15 a.m. (EDT) | 4 p.m. to 5:15 p.m. (EEST)
- The Honourable Karina Gould, Minister of International Development, Canada
- His Excellency Ville Skinnari, Minister of Development, Cooperation and Foreign Trade, Finland
- Ms. Phumzile Mlambo-Ngcuka, Executive Director, UN Women
- Professor Barbara Orser, Telfer School of Management, University of Ottawa
- Ms. Milja Köpsi, Coordinator, “Women Code” Project
- Rachidata Sidibé, Student Representative, University of Ottawa
- Yasmine Oucouc, Student Representative, University of Ottawa
- Fanta Diaby, Student Representative, University of Ottawa
- Yasmine Bouzaaboun, Student Representative, University of Ottawa
This event is open to the public, but registration is required. This event will be in English, but the audience may ask questions in French.
The event will be recorded for future use by the University of Ottawa or the Embassy of Finland.
For additional information:
Isabelle Mailloux Pulkinghorn
Manager, Media Relations
University of Ottawa
Coordinator, Public Diplomacy and Communications
Embassy of Finland
Tel. +1 (613) 288 2233
Cell +1 (613) 716-4943
Fax +1 (613) 288-2244