Here are some of the events taking place at the University of Ottawa from January 28 to February 7, 2017.
January 28 until Sunday, January 29
uOttawa Opera performs Bizet’s Carmen
Friday to Saturday, January 27-28 at 7:30 p.m. and on Sunday, January 29 at 2 p.m.
University of Ottawa Opera Company, School of Music
- Directed by Doreen Taylor-Claxton
- Chamber Orchestra conducted by Alain Trudel
- This double cast production will be sung in French with dialogue in English
Saturday, January 28
Generation Hungry: Millennials and the challenges of today’s global food regime
9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Laboratory for the Interdisciplinary Study of Food, Faculty of Social Sciences
- Bilingual student research conference
Make your own cell phone stand using a laser cutter
Faculty of Engineering, CEED and uOttawa Richard L’Abbé Makerspace
In Search of the New Excellence - Telfer MBA Conference Series
9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
Telfer School of Management
Hear from three leaders from highly successful local firms that are achieving excellence on the world stage in their own industries and in their own ways
- Dominique Jones, Vice-President and Chief People Officer, Halogen Software
- Dan Casey, Executive Vice-President, Future Electronics
- Alexis Dean, Founder & CEO, Dovetail
Tuesday, January 31
Responding to the Refugee Crisis
5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
International Commission of Jurists Canada
Wednesday, February 1
Tobacco Plain Packaging: Public Policy, Private Rights?
Centre for Law, Technology and Society and the Centre for Health Law, Policy and Ethics
- Teresa Scassa, Canada Research Chair in Information Law, Professor, Centre for Law, Technology and Society
- David Sweanor, Adjunct Professor, Centre for Health Law, Policy and Ethics
>Building Emotionally-Intelligent Machines
Thursday, February 2
Do It For Daron (DIFD) Mental Health Night
- The Gee-Gees men’s hockey team, in partnership with The Royal, will co-host a Do It For Daron (DIFD) Mental Health Night as part of at its home game against the Carleton Ravens.
Monday, February 6 until Friday February 10
11:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Ice sculptures, igloo building, curling, live music, Beavertails and more
Tuesday, February 7
Industry Issues & Insights Lunch Series - Health Innovation
11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
Telfer School of Management
- Research presenter: Professor Wojtek Michalowski, Telfer School of Management
- Keynote presenter: Mr. William Charnetski, Chief Health Innovation Officer
- Panel discussion
360 Video from Start to Finish
6:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
uOttawa Richard L’Abbé Makerspace
- In this workshop, guests will be taken through the process of filming, importing, and editing 360 video so that it is ready to share on Facebook or Youtube
Media Relations Officer