The University of Ottawa invites members of the media to attend Startup Weekend Ottawa. Beginning with Friday night pitches and continuing through brainstorming, business plan development, and basic prototype creation, Startup Weekend allows participants to create working startups in only 54 hours.
WHAT: Participants create working startups during the event by collaborating with like-minded entrepreneurs, hearing talks by industry leaders and receiving valuable feedback from the local startup community
- Friday, November 18 from 6:30 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- Saturday, November 19 from 9 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Sunday, November 20 from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m.
WHERE: Morisset Hall, Room 150 (65 University Private, University of Ottawa êmap)
- Social Impact focuses on social entrepreneurship, inspiring socially sustainable models and cause-based businesses such as the environment, poverty, homelessness and vulnerable communities;
- Mobile health apps can collect community and clinical health data, monitor patient vital signs, and deliver healthcare information to practitioners, researchers, and patients;
- Makers focuses on building physical prototypes using 3D printers, laser cutting and open-source hardware.
Expert available for commentary:
- Hanan Anis is NSERC Chair in Entrepreneurial Engineering Design, Professor, and Faculty of Engineering Coordinator in Entrepreneurship and Innovation at the University of Ottawa
This is an official Global Entrepreneurship Week event that aims to connect the University of Ottawa, Ottawa's startup community, and students across all faculties to encourage and promote entrepreneurship regardless of their discipline of study.
Media Relations Officer