Members of the media are invited to attend the 21st University of Ottawa Heart Institute Telethon and to meet extraordinary people with remarkable stories.
WHAT: 2012 University of Ottawa Heart Institute Telethon
WHEN: Sunday, March 4, 2012, from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m.
WHERE: Brookstreet Hotel, 525 Legget Drive, Ottawa, ON
The University of Ottawa Heart Institute means:
- Caring for more than 80,000 patients each year
- Providing cardiovascular training to more than 100 physicians annually
- Setting new cholesterol standards for the country
- Causing the medical community worldwide to rethink how disease develops
- Launching a protocol that has cut deaths from heart attacks by 50 percent
- Discovering a gene that increases the risk for cardiovascular disease by 40 percent
Generous gifts from the community continue to help us fight heart disease and support the excellence of our patient care, the development of new treatments, the expansion of our research, and the improvement of our training facilities.