University of Ottawa alumni around the world are defying the conventional, redefining the debate and making their alma mater proud. To salute their achievements, uOttawa is holding Alumni Week, May 4 to 9.
Tuesday, May 5
- 11:30 a.m.: A Wild Canyon Research Ride: Hydraulics expert Colin Rennie takes a trip down the Fraser River
- 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.: Inauguration of Alumni Hall
- 7 p.m.: Portraits of Ethno-cultural Diversity in Quebec Cinema Discover the nuances and diversity of Quebec films (in French)
Wednesday, May 6
- 11:30 a.m.: The Future of Our North A toxicology and environmental-health specialist sheds light on the future of our northern lands
- 2 p.m.: iVote-jeVote: Political panel Can Environmental Sustainability Be Reconciled with Political Interests and Economic Realities?
- 5:30 p.m. to 7 p.m.: What Kind of Citizen? Educating Our Children for the Common Good
Thursday, May 7
- 11:30 a.m.: Dialogue Across Divides: Track Two Diplomacy
- 6 p.m.: Set Your Own Course! Learn from top alumni entrepreneurs how to succeed in the job market of 2020
Friday, May 8
Saturday, May 9
- 7 p.m.: Defy the Conventional Gala
- 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.: Does Corruption Destroy Freedom?
- 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.: Inspire youth to explore STEM fields while having fun
- 10 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.: Science Rendezvous 2015
- 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.: Food Truck Rally
- 12:30 p.m.: Molecular Cuisine for Kids!
- 1 p.m. to 3 p.m.: Fulcrum Volume 75 celebration!
- 2 p.m. to 4 p.m.: The Law and Social Media (in French)
Learn more about Alumni Week.
Media Relations Officer
University of Ottawa
Office: 613-562-5800 ext. 2529