The University of Ottawa made the top 150 worldwide ranking for research publications, as reported by the CWTS Leiden Ranking 2017, highlighting the University’s growing scientific impact and increased involvement in scientific collaboration. The University ranks among Canada’s top 10 for both the total number of most cited publications, and for the top 10% most frequently cited.
The CWTS Leiden Ranking 2017 provides an advanced look at the scientific performance of more than 900 major universities from 54 countries around the world, using a sophisticated set of bibliometric indicators. The rankings focus on the total number of publications from each institution and the proportion of an institution’s publications among the most frequently cited publications in the same field and in the same year.
uOttawa Leiden Ranking highlights:
- 8th for total number of publications
- 6th for 10% most frequently cited publications
- uOttawa has been steadily rising for total number of publications, from 179th in 2011 to 141st in 2017
- 214th worldwide for top 10% most frequently cited publications
Total number of publications by field, worldwide:
- Biomedical and health sciences: 111th
- Mathematics and computer science: 171st
- Social sciences and humanities: 106th
Top 10% most cited by field, worldwide:
- Biomedical and health sciences: 154th
- Physical sciences and engineering: 162nd
Manager (acting), Media Relations