The University of Ottawa invites members of the media to attend a debate with an expert panel moderated by Chancellor, Calin Rovinescu, discussing Canada’s role in climate change in the age of Trump.
WHAT: Climate change in the age of Trump: How should Canada respond?
WHEN: Monday, November 6, 2017 at 5 p.m.
WHERE: Huguette Labelle Hall, Tabaret Hall, 550 Cumberland St, Ottawa | Map
The panel will feature:
- Annette Verschuren – Chair & CEO of NRStor Inc., and Chancellor, Cape Breton University
- Tzeporah Berman – Energy and Climate Campaign Strategy Consultant and Adjunct Professor in Environmental Studies, York University
- Monica Gattinger – Director of the University of Ottawa's Institute for Science, Society and Policy, Associate Professor at the School of Political Studies, and Chair of the Positive Energy project
- Stewart Elgie – Professor, Faculty of Law; Founder and Chair, Smart Prosperity Institute and Director of the University of Ottawa’s Institute of the Environment
- Calin Rovinescu (moderator) – President and CEO of Air Canada, and Chancellor of the University of Ottawa
The University of Ottawa believes in stimulating constructive thinking that encourages discussion and raises awareness of differing perspectives on important topics. And this is the aim of the uOttawa Chancellor’s Debate, which brings together thought-leaders, opinion-makers and exceptional individuals who, through lively exchanges and spirited discussions, will explore and discuss important contemporary issues, principally for the benefit of students.
The debate will also be shown via Facebook live on the University of Ottawa's Facebook page.
Manager, Media Relations
University of Ottawa