I'm Here. Now How Can I get Help?
Access to Evidence-Based Mental Health Care for Syrian Refugees
The University of Ottawa invites members of the media to join mental health and legal experts for a discussion on mental health service access, delivery, and research for refugees.
WHAT: Free community event to help Syrian refugees access mental health services.
WHERE: Faculty of Social Sciences Building, Room 1004 (University of Ottawa - 120 University Private)
WHEN: Wednesday, May 17, 2017 at 7 p.m.
RSVP: Members of the media are asked to confirm their attendance by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Advice for refugees who are feeling distressed and don’t know where or how to find help.
- Advice for professionals working with refugees who want more information about what mental health services are available for their clients.
- Discussion on mental health service access, delivery, and research for refugees.
- Marta Young, School of Psychology, University of Ottawa
- Jessica Dere, Department of Psychology, University of Toronto at Scarborough
- Laila Demirdache, Lawyer, Community Legal Services
School of Psychology, Faculty of Social Sciences
Tel: 613-562-5800 (4813)
Media Relations Officer