Here are some of the events taking place at the University of Ottawa this week.
Friday April 28
2:30 pm to 5:00 pm
Michaëlle Jean Centre for Global and Community Engagement
- When travelling for an international volunteer placement, students need to be prepared to live in a new culture, face ethical questions and dilemmas, adapt to new and challenging situations, and much more;
- The Center for Global Community Engagement will offer tips and tools to prepare students for their role as an international volunteers.
From April 28 until April 30
Department of Theatre
- Migration and stereotypes in everyday social media and education;
- Misrepresentation of migration in governmental laws and political discourses;
- Representation of migration and stereotypes in fine arts, literature, film, drama, and performance;
- Communal living in the past and in the age of mobility.
Saturday, 29 April
4:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Faculty of Arts
- Whether it’s shared, shaped, discovered or interpreted, history attracts and divides us. University of Ottawa experts have delved into the past for 60 years.
- Jeannine Ritchot, Executive Director, Regulatory Cooperation, Regulatory Affairs Sector, Treasury Board of Canada Secretariat
- Suzanne Beauvais, Assistant Curator, Canada Science and Technology Museum
- Christian Brideau, Whip's Assistant, NDP
Media Relations Officer