The Centre for Law, Technology and Society invites members of the media to attend a discussion of Richard Stursberg’s proposals to the Government of Canada for the Canadian Content in a Digital World consultation.
WHAT: A panel discussion on cultural policy for the digital age
WHEN: November 2, 2016, at 5:30 p.m.
WHERE: Fauteux Hall, 3rd Floor (57 Louis Pasteur, University of Ottawa | map)
- Richard Stursberg is a former CBC executive with more than 25 years of experience in media.
- Michael Geist is a law professor at the University of Ottawa, where he holds the Canada Research Chair in Internet and E-commerce Law.
- Ferne Downey is the national president of the Alliance of Canadian Cinema, Television and Radio Artists (ACTRA) and the president of the International Federation of Actors (FIA).
- Kate Taylor is lead film critic at the Globe and Mail and a columnist in the arts section.
- Paul Wells is a Canadian journalist, currently working as a national affairs columnist with the Toronto Star.
This event is sponsored by Rogers Communications.
Media Relations Officer